Goat’s Milk for dogs is becoming more and more popular and now we know why. The added benefit in goat’s milk is extremely beneficial for dogs. That’s why we created 2 ice cream flavors containing the added benefits of goat’s milk, called SMART SCOOPS.
But first, here are a few reasons why goat’s milk is healthy, beneficial and all around great for dogs:
- Goat milk contains vitamins, minerals, electrolytes, trace elements, enzymes, protein, and fatty acids. In fact, the body can digest goat’s milk in 20 minutes. Goats Milk is more digestible than cow’s milk and lacks the complex proteins that are often associated with allergies. Having fat molecules one-fifth the size of those in cow’s milk makes it easily digestible and tolerable even for dogs with digestive issues.
- Great for digestion - for those pups who have sensitive tummies!
- Lessens mucous and inflammation - Perfect for dogs who suffer from allergies!
- Super Immune booster - large amounts of vitamins and dog's health is enhanced!
- Adding a raw fermented milk to your dog’s diet can provide enzymes, probiotics, powerful antioxidants, essential fatty acids, concentrated vitamins (such as essential vitamin K2) and trace minerals in a live, whole food form. Fermented goat milk promotes good health.
- Cow’s milk, which contains something called alpha-s1-casein protein, may be more likely to cause allergic reactions than goat milk, which contains extremely low or no amounts of this protein. Cow’s milk also contains different forms of the beta-lactoglobulin and alpha-lactalbumin proteins, which have also been linked to allergic reactions.
- Lactose is a milk sugar that requires the enzyme lactase to split it into simple sugars for easy digestion. Raw milk is rich in lactase enzyme – but pasteurization and heat destroy the lactase enzyme. Many people and pets who don’t produce the lactase enzyme can’t digest pasteurized milk but can digest raw milk without problems.
- Antihistamine & Anti-Inflamatory. Raw goat’s milk from grass fed goats is a natural antihistamine helping with allergies. It stabilizes mast cells that reduce inflammation caused by allergies. Because of this stabilization of mast cells, it is also a natural anti-inflammatory. Goats Milk helps Relieve arthritis symptoms and joint paint. The same enzymes that help with digestion can also help alleviate inflammation and pain in the joints. It also helps improve circulation, which can reduce (or eliminate) arthritis symptoms, giving your sweet pooch some much needed pep in their step.
- Bacteriacins. Most of the raw goat’s milk that is available for our pets, is fermented/cultured, increasing tremendously the amount of probiotics in the milk. This gives the milk longer shelf life in the refrigerator after thawing by adding bacteriacins (nutrients made to fight bad bacteria). Once the milk is thawed, it is good in the refrigerator for 7 to 14 days, depending on the brand.
- CLA. Raw goat’s milk from grass fed goats is high in CLA (Conjugated Linoleic Acid). This is a cancer fighting fat. CLA has been proven in European studies to reduce the risk of cancer by 74% and existing tumors by 60%.
- Caprylic Acid. Raw goat’s milk from grass fed goats is also high in Caprylic Acid, a yeast fighting fat. This is where we have seen the most incredible results. Dogs with yeasty feet, ears, tummies, and even tear stains, gone after only a few short weeks drinking the goat’s milk.
- (Excerpt from an article I read: "I ran into an English Bulldog breeder in one of my stores and she told me she no longer ‘bleaches’ the tear stains before going into the show ring. All her Bulldogs get goat’s milk daily. She was thrilled by the results after only 3 ½ weeks. Note though, the yeast will sometimes get worse first, as it comes out of the body, but it will get better (mostly ears, not so much tear stains.").
When creating a new product, we knew we had to carry a line that included goat’s milk, so we created Smart Scoops Ice Cream Mix for dogs. Our Smart Scoops Ice Cream Mix has the added benefits of goat’s milk and NO SUGAR added to the ice cream mix. Our Smart Scoops are grain-free and are available in two flavors: Blueberry and Pumpkin.
Smart Scoops Blueberry Ice Cream Mix for dogs is made with whole goat’s milk, blueberry, beets, gelatin and salt. Again, no sugar is added to our Smart Scoops ice cream mix and it’s grain-free.
Smart Scoops Pumpkin Ice Cream Mix for dogs is made with whole goat’s milk, pumpkin, gelatin and salt.
Our Smart Scoops ice cream mix is so easy to make. Just add water and freeze!!! Using a small blender, mix 1 cup of warm tap water to the ice cream mix and blend well, until all lumps are gone. Pour mixture back into the cup and replace the lid. Freeze for at least 5 hours. Allow 15 minutes to thaw to soften ice cream.
Make sure to tag Puppy Cake on social media when giving your dog their yummy summer ice cream:
Looking for other treats for your dog? Check out our website, www.puppycake.com. We carry so much MORE, just for your DOG!! We offer FREE SHIPPING on orders of $35.00 or MORE. Check out our WEBSITE for more!
Also, check out our Blog too: CLICK HERE. We have more fun ice cream ideas, cookie recipes and cake baking instructions on how to spoil your dog ??
Find us on AMAZON PRIME!!! Want 2-day shipping with our products? Click HERE to purchase a cup of Pumpkin Ice Cream Mix for dogs and start baking today!